Monday 7 April 2014

Monday 7-April 2014.

Today I continued the task of fixing the sewerage blockage. After ringing a plumber for advice, I dug the sand from around the pipe leading to the "Bio" (mini sewerage") system, at the point of blockage, and upstream from there for about 1/2 metre. I found a large crack in the plastic Y piece which combines two lines into one. At the blockage, I cut the pipe in half and removed a large mass of tree routes. This took a good ten minutes. Such good fun to play with raw sewerage!!

I taped up the crack and the cut to seal them, and called another plumber (the first one contacted was unavailable). The nice young girl took my details; the plumber will attend when he can. The sooner he comes, the better.

Meanwhile a pardalote (small bird) has started making a nest in one wall of the trench I had dug. The poor little bugger will not have a nest when we fill in the trench. Putting plastic chairs over the trench did not stop him.

Robyn and I got our Commbank Travel Money cards yesterday, and transferred a large amount of money onto it. This is split into two currencies; British Pounds and Euros. The trip to the UK is starting to feel real. We leave Emerald on 19 April - not long now. There are still some things to do, but it is under control so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment